Established in 1982, the Clinical Psychology Doctoral program at Antioch University New England (AUNE) follows the practitioner scholar model emphasizing clinical practice and scholarship. Our program incorporates the local clinical scientist model in which students develop disciplined inquiry and research skills using an evidence-based practice (EBP) approach to clinical psychology.
AUNE’S PsyD in Clinical Psychology is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA)*. It is also consistent with the National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology (NCSPP) educational model and includes its seven competencies: relationship, assessment, intervention, research and evaluation, consultation and education, management and supervision, and diversity.
AUNE’s PsyD faculty represent a variety of theoretical perspectives, diverse research interests, and clinical accomplishments. They make significant contributions to professional psychology regionally, nationally, and internationally. Most importantly, faculty members greatly value the individual relationships they have with students through advisement and mentoring. Meet our Faculty.
- The Psychological Services Center (PSC) is a community psychological clinic staffed by doctoral students. With faculty supervision, students offer individual, couple, family, and group counseling, testing and assessment, and other services to area residents.
- The Multicultural Center for Research and Practice focuses on issues of diversity or marginalized individuals and groups in the context of social justice and multiculturalism. The Center provides consultation, outreach, and research, as well as other resources.
Clinical Psychology student interest groups include:
- APA Division 40: Association of Neuropsychology Students in Training (ANST) Interest Group
- APA Division 19: Society for Military Psychology Interest Group
- APA Division 39: Psychoanalytic Studies Group
- Sexual and Gender Diversity Interest Group
- Social Justice Interest Group
- The Support Group for Ethnic and Racial Diversity/Disaster Shakti (SERD/Shakti)
- Behavioral Health Integration Interest Group
- Childhood Psychology Interest Group