Which Form Should I Use?
If you are in need of a form, you’ve come to the right place!
For more details, you can also find additional information in the appropriate sections of the Academic Catalog.
Please reach out to Student Services with any questions.
Advanced Standing – Transfer of Prior Graduate Credits
Use this form to request the transfer of credits from an accredited higher education institution to Antioch University New England. To request the transfer of credits to Antioch from a higher education institution that is not accredited, use the Advanced Standing – Credit Award for Prior Learning Based on Life Experience form. Please refer to the Academic Catalog for detailed guidelines for Advanced Standing.
Use this form to request credit for life experiences that are equivalent to graduate level learning and relevant to the degree requirements. Please refer to the Academic Catalog for detailed guidelines for Prior Learning Credit.
Use this form to request:
- Program or Degree Change – Use this form if you are requesting to stop one program or degree and start a new program or degree within your department.
- NOTE: Do not use this form to add a certificate to your current program, use the Program Add form.
- To change from one academic department to another use the Withdrawal portion of this Change of Status form to end your current program and then contact Admissions regarding applying to another program.
- Leave of Absence (LOA) – Use this form to request allowed leave of absence.
- NOTE: An LOA can have significant impacts on your academic record and/or financial liability (including the return of federal student loans) and not all students qualify for LOA. Read the LOA guidelines in the Academic Catalog for details on the requirements for LOA.
- Withdrawal – Use this form to request permanent withdrawal from the University.
- NOTE: If your intention is to request an absence from the University for one to three terms, complete the Leave of Absence section of the Change of Status form.
- Please refer to the Academic Catalog for detailed guidelines for Program or Degree Change, Leave of Absence or Withdrawal.
Use this form to request the substitution of one Antioch University course for another Antioch University course.
Use this form to request an exemption from a degree requirement (i.e., a required course, set of required courses or competency area requirement) because that requirement could be fulfilled through coursework at Antioch or another college or university. Waivers are needed when you have fulfilled degree requirements based on learning activities such as Advanced Standing, Independent Study, or course(s) that you have taken at another college or university. NOTE: Permission to waive a course or set of courses does not reduce the number of credits required to earn the degree or certificate.
Petition for Exception
When directed to do so by your faculty advisor or program director use this form to request an exception to registrar policy. Exceptions to registrar policy do not affect your student account. Contact Student Services directly for exceptions to billing policies.
Use this form to add, to your current program, an additional program or certificate that is offered in your department. NOTE: To add a certificate, masters or doctoral program from outside your department, please contact the Admissions Office.
Program Plan (Modified Program of Study)
Use this form to change your expected course sequence from the usual track. This form will notify relevant offices, such as financial aid, and help make completion of your program go smoother. Adjustments to the number of credits taken in a given semester or extending the time you need to complete your program may require changes to your financial aid.
Replacement Diploma Request
Use this form to replace a lost diploma from the Records Office.
Supervised Independent Study (SIS Contract)
Use this form to request approval to earn credit towards your degree through independent study of a topic or in a skill area that is not available through a currently offered course. Please refer to the Academic Catalog for detailed guidelines for Supervised Independent Study.
Three Free Elective Credits
Use this form to request taking a maximum of 3 elective credits tuition free (course fees still apply). Free elective credits may only be used for a course that is not offered in your department. These credits cannot be used to satisfy degree requirements and they are not Financial Aid eligible.