AU Online Program Coordinator II
Reports To:: Director of Administrative and Student Services
Department: Antioch University Online and Extended Programs
Salary Range: $19.23 – $21.63 per hour
Job Type: Hourly, Full-Time
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide support to the faculty, administration, and students of Antioch University Online and Extended Programs (AUO). This position collaborates with and provides input to faculty, administration and staff in problem solving and procedural solutions to identify and create systems to improve programs and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the support of faculty and administration, which could include generation and distribution of syllabi, schedules, course descriptions and other documentation, in adherence to program deadlines.
- Prepare, distribute, collect, and process faculty contracts for affiliate and adjunct faculty.
- Assists with creation and management of course sections to reflect the academic schedule established by the faculty.
- Collaborate on the updates of the academic calendar, and academic catalog
- Process appropriate payment requests according to Antioch University protocol.
- Enter data and assist in the development of reports and other documents.
- Collaborate on revisions to handbooks, manuals and forms; make updates as assigned.
- Maintains complete and accurate files.
- Attend department meetings
- Participate in planning of special events and attend as assigned.
- Participates in cross-training in order to provide back-up support for other AUO staff members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited academic institution required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three years of experience in a program support role is required
- Experience in an academic institution preferred.
- Ability to work independently, organize, handle detail, follow-through on tasks and problem solve with minimal supervision, in a complex administrative environment.
- Experience in an online learning environment preferred.
- Must exercise professional judgment regarding highly confidential budget and student matters.
- Ability to get along with others and to be a positive member of the Antioch community.
- Ability to use computer applications to access data, maintain records, review, and generate reports. Proficiency in the Microsoft or Google suite of office applications, and related web tools required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
Hours of Employment: This is a full-time non-exempt position serving a national program. The work schedule will be established in consultation with the Director of Administrative and Student Services. Evenings and/or weekend hours may be required. The typical work week is Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
Work Location: This may be a remote or campus-based position, though proximity to one of our locations in Yellow Springs, OH, Seattle, WA, Los Angeles, CA, Santa Barbara, CA, or Keene, NH is preferred. Specific location will be established with the supervisor prior to appointment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit; stand use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
To Apply: Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and three business references with contact information at the time of application.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
NOTE: The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check