Administrative Assistant – AU School of the Environment – New England Campus
Location: Keene, NH
Website Antioch University New England
The Department of Environmental Studies in the School of the Environment seeks a highly motivated, hands-on individual who enjoys working as a collaborative team member on the front-line of a dynamic and exciting student-centered academic department. Seated in the center of the Environmental Studies’ main office, this person serves as initial point of contact for all Department inquiries. This is a fulltime, staff position and reports to and takes direction from the ES Department’s Director of Administration.
Success in this position requires strong interpersonal and effective communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle competing priorities. High levels of organizational, administrative, time management, data management and problem solving skills are essential, as is the ability to effectively multi-task and thrive in a changing environment. This is a busy but friendly, fun, professional environment where a sense of humor is essential.
Areas of responsibility:
Student services and related course support (20%)
Serve as initial point of contact for all student inquiries: provide assistance and support navigating University and Department processes; manages logistics and equipment requests for dissertation proposal and final defense.
Faculty and related course support (30%)
Provide administrative support to faculty and course sites. Manages room requests, assists faculty and students in the use of University’s online tools and collaborative sites, including Sakai and AUVIEW; takes and disseminates notes or minutes at all department program meetings. Collects and tracks syllabi; enters and manages data for tracking faculty/student theses, project and dissertation advising. Assists with new and adjunct faculty orientation and collateral paperwork and correspondences.
Departmental support (50%)
- Bachelor’s degree plus one full year of similar and successful work or internship experiences, preferably in student services role within higher education.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and web-based tools including Google applications required (ie., google forms, sheets and docs). Experience with social media such as facebook and learning management systems such as Sakai preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with co-workers
- Service orientation and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Availability to work Monday-Friday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm, and flexibility to work selected evenings and/or weekends to support special events.
- Ability to prioritize office tasks and thrive in a fun and fast-paced working environment.
To apply for the Administrative Assistant, AU School of the Environment, New England campus, submit Cover Letter, Application, Resume Names and Contact information for three professional references to HERE
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.