Director of Administrative Services
Website Antioch University Santa Barbara
The Director of Administrative Services holds primary responsibility for overseeing the smooth functioning of campus wide administrative support services and operational matters. This position collaborates with Administration, Academic Programs, Student Services, Finance, Business Services, Human Resources and Information Technology.
Director of Administrative Services
- Oversees campus wide administrative services and supervises administrative assistant specialist for general and clerical support in academic administration and other departments.
- Confers regularly with senior administrators, department heads, and other university personnel in the planning and coordination of campus facility needs, projects, and campus safety issues, and serves on the Operations Team, Leadership Team, Facilities University Resource Group, and Safety Committee.
- Oversees events and commencement preparation, website updates for registration and ticketing, venue and vendor negotiations, obtains photographer, secures contracts, and related activities.
- Coordinates campus room rental to outside groups.
- Reviews and updates campus safety and emergency evacuation policies and procedures; convenes safety committee with co-chair, and reports findings and recommendations to operations team and provost.
- Assists the provost with administrative tasks involving governance meetings, community meetings, scheduling, handling confidential memorandum and records.
- In consultation with the provost, schedules staff and faculty trainings, safety drills, annual CPR and first aid courses, which may include coordination with local law enforcement agencies.
- Provide CLERY Act compliance reporting and participates in the safety university resource group.
- Liaisons with the property management company.
- Serves as the point of contact for, and monitors work done by outside contractors
- Collaborates on work schedules for front desk personnel with student services.
- Oversees employee parking, building maintenance, campus security schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited institution and three years of academic support or administrative experience, preferably from an institution of higher education.
- Demonstrated skills in computer literacy, time management, ability to work under the pressure of deadlines with multiple tasks and to prioritize work tasks, ability to work independently, and ability to coordinate a functional area.
- Must exercise professional judgment regarding highly confidential budget and other matters.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to accomplish tasks in a timely and efficient manner and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external personnel to problem solve and work toward assigned objectives
- Proficient in use of a PC computer system, including proficiency in FileMaker Pro, MS Excel, MS Word, and preferred knowledge of DATATEL.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, be prompt, and observe scheduled office hours.
- Ability to organize, handle detail, follow through on tasks and problem solve with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be diplomatic, a good listener, work collaboratively with co-workers, faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to get along well with others, to be a positive member of the Antioch community.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Hours of employment: This is a full-time exempt position. The work schedule will be established in consultation with the provost. Evenings and/or weekend hours may be required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Salary is DOE. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, life insurance, and pension plan. Tuition benefit may be available after one year of employment. Benefits will accrual based on a 40 hour work week.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires daily use of telephone, computer and other standard office equipment. Sitting, standing, walking and lifting, carrying or otherwise moving objects up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants must submit a coverletter, resume/CV and three (3) business references to firstname.lastname@example.org, put “Director of Administrative Services” in subject line.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com