Antioch University welcomes military veterans and military-connected students to our campus. We are deeply grateful to those who have served our country in war and peace and honored to have them join our Antioch community.
At Antioch you can use your past experiences as a leader to work on behalf of others to promote a more just and sustainable world. We are dedicated to making education more accessible for our nation’s veterans and their dependents. We have a rich history of providing educational opportunities to veterans through undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Education, and Healthcare.
AU is committed to work with each individual veteran to ensure that you find the program that will be the best fit for your educational goals and aspirations.
- Earn Credit for Military Experience
- Transfer up to 100% of Undergraduate Credits Earned through the Military
- Learn in an Environment that Honors Your Experience
- Be an Active Participant in the Design of Your Degree
- Enjoy Interactive Classes with Dedicated Faculty
- Work Around Your Schedule and Location with Flexible Class Offerings
To qualify for veteran admission, students must meet the following requirements:
- Qualify for VA education benefits administered through the Veterans’ Administration.
- Meet the University’s admissions requirements. For more information visit our applications process page.
Make your VA application process by using the following checklist:
- Apply for Education Benefits- First-time veteran and active duty applicants complete VA Form 22-1990 Application for VA Educational Benefits.
- Request a Change of Program or Place of Training – If you have received VA benefits at another university that was not listed in your initial application, complete VA Form 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
- All VA students submit COE – All GI Bill® recipients are required to submit a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subsequent enrollments will not be certified unless a Certificate of Eligibility is on file.
CHAPTER 30 – Montgomery GI Bill® for Active Duty
CHAPTER 31 – Voc Rehab
CHAPTER 32 – VEAP (Post-Vietnam Era Veterans Educational Assistance Program)
CHAPTER 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill®
CHAPTER 35 – Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program
Veterans who have completed six months or more of active duty in a branch of the United States Armed Forces may be awarded one credit in basic physical education and three credits in military science for their military experience. Additional credits may be granted in accordance to the recommendations of the American Council on Education and when appropriate to the student’s curriculum.
- All VA forms can be submitted electronically using VA’s VONAPP tool
- Find VA forms here
- Veterans must submit a copy of their DD-214
- Active duty service members should consult with their educational services officer (ESO)
- For additional information and eligibility requirements, visit The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Joint Service Transcript (JST)
The JST provides recommended college credit for military occupational experience and training.
We provide full-spectrum (military-to-civilian career) navigation and offer individual, flexible, and relationship-centered services.
- Assist with transition to college environment
We provide one-on-one counseling to discuss your career goals, connect you with necessary tutoring services to help you prepare for placement exams, and assist you with program selection based on your specific needs.
- VA Benefits, tuition assistance and financial aid counseling
We provide one-on-one GI Bill® assistance to student veterans and tuition assistance guidance for active duty military. We are subject matter experts in all of your financial aid benefits and needs.
- Acceptance of credits for Joint Services Transcript
We ensure you are getting your maximum amount of college credits for your military training and occupations. In addition, we offer other credit for prior learning as well as easy transfer of credits earned at other accredited institutions
- Alumni Mentor and Networking
We help build connections between current military-connected students and military alumni through publications, mentoring programs, and our nationwide network of alumni. In collaboration with career offices on campus and non-profit organizations in the area, we work towards creating meaningful connections as a stepping-stone for the next career goal.
- Career Counseling and Employment Services
We offer a broad range of assistance designed to provide the best opportunity for career employment upon graduation. We help research and match labor market indicators that best correspond with learned academic skills, work experience, and personal attributes; resume writing; and developing interview techniques. This resource may be especially lucrative for veterans seeking to translate military job experience to the civilian workforce.
There are no upcoming events at this time.