Title: Admissions Counselor
Location: New England campus (Keene, New Hampshire)
Classification: Hourly Staff, Full-time
The Admissions Counselor is the first point of contact and first impression prospective students will have of Antioch University. This person needs to have a desire to help make a difference in people’s lives. The Admissions Counselors plays a vital role in advising and assisting students with the pursuance of their educational goals. Admissions Counselors will take incoming calls, and make outbound calls, texts and emails to/from prospective and reentering students. It is the Counselor’s responsibility to accurately assess and educate prospective students on our university, and its requirements. The goal is to recommend students for acceptance and enroll them into their chosen program of study.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate a relationship with prospective students using telemarketing, text and email; prospect management follow up of qualified prospective students
- Conduct detailed pre-admission counseling for prospective graduate and undergraduate students. Perform evaluation of unofficial transcripts for undergraduate programs.
- Coordinate scheduling of information sessions with Program Coordinators, Program Chairs, faculty, campus services and website coordinator.
- Co-host information sessions with faculty presenters.
- Coordinate and implement recruitment activities on and off campus including, but not limited to, college transfer and graduate fairs, career fairs, college counselor luncheons, career center and/or advisor luncheons, on-site workshops, meetings with community agencies and educational groups.
- Oversee submission of completed application files to Program Chairs and Director of Admissions for admission decisions.
- Collaborate with Program Coordinators, Student Services and Campus Services to assist with new and continuing student orientations.
- Provide input in the budgeting process for the upcoming fiscal year Admissions and Financial Aid budget.
- Be knowledgeable of trends influencing enrollment and proactively address opportunities.
- Must be self-motivated to ensure ongoing training for enrollment management processes, federal and state updates, and new technologies.
- Recommend appropriate technologies to support enrollment functions.
- Provide continuous evaluation of processes and procedures at the end of each intake cycle with results being used to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
- Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities.
- Suggestion: “Maintain confidentiality on issues related to prospective student personal issues raised during counseling session(s), status and performance, grievances, or other program concerns.”
- Analyze inquiry, applicant and enrolled student data for the development, implementation and evaluation of recruitment strategies
- Convert data into reports and recommendations for action by University and campus leadership.
- Understand productivity reports to assure achievement of university goals
- Consistently deliver exemplary student service as measured by the key performance indicators..
- Articulate admissions policies and provide information to both internal and external constituencies
- Participate on university-wide committees as requested and engage others in enrollment initiatives.
- Create and nurture external community and professional relationships.
- Work in collaboration and cooperation with leadership and academic divisions on campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Measure of Success
- The Admissions Counselor will be measured based on managing multiple complex responsibilities and initiatives in parallel to achieving results on time. Strategies to be set annually in collaboration with Director of Admissions and VC of Marketing.
- Commitment and Service – An essential component for success involves the commitment to be available for prospective students and provide them with best-in-class service. This includes excellent anticipation and responsiveness to student questions, consistent work attendance and punctuality, and accessibility to student needs. We strive to provide outstanding service to our potential students with the highest level of integrity. Additionally, Counselors must be thorough in their follow up with prospective students and in response to assigned tasks and duties.
- Team Work – An integral part of the University and assists their peers and their supervisor in any areas, either proactively, or upon request. Teamwork is absolutely essential to ensure the high quality of service to our students.
- Product Knowledge – The Counselor will be expected to have a deep understanding of the University academic curriculum, program offerings and understanding of the industry demands.
- Technical Acumen – The Counselor will have access to leading edge customer management software applications and need to demonstrate fluency in utilizing these applications. At Antioch University everything we do is leading edge including our internal systems and processes and our graduate team embraces the opportunity to leverage cutting edge technologies as well as propose solutions for how we can constantly improve our processes and University.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business Administration, Management, or equivalent degree preferred. Four years of experience in higher education preferred. Experience in admissions, sales or as an entrepreneur desired.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong sales record including consistently high conversion rates
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels throughout the campus.
- Proven skills with integrated recruiting management systems, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills coupled with knowledge of FERPA and proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects while working in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in application of practices and processes for enrollment and retention policies and practices
- Utilization of current and enrollment management recruitment reporting technologies including, ImageNow, Datatel Colleague, and Salesforce
- Friendly and authentic with capabilities to go above and beyond for individuals.
The physical demands described here are Counselor of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Drivers license required.
Hours of Employment:
This is a full-time position. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor, hours outside typical business hours may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Submit your resume, cover letter and references to Will Dooley, Human Resources, at email@example.com with “Admissions Counselor” in the subject line.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
AUNE is committed to providing a learning and work environment free from discrimination and harassment. Programs, activities, and employment are available with equal opportunity for all and without discrimination on the basis of race, age, color, gender, gender identity, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability. The campus is a smoke-free environment.