You want to finish your bachelor’s degree in Santa Barbara and balance your busy life and work schedule. Antioch University Santa Barbara offers Bachelor of Arts completion programs that can empower you take this next step. At AUSB, you’ll join a peer community where you receive personal attention in small class sizes. Measure your success through applied learning and community projects, not one-size-fits-all tests. Apply up to 90 transfer credits, and learn about prior learning credits for professional or military work experience. Become part of a powerful community of engaged students of all backgrounds, and acquire the skills, knowledge, and hands-on experience to meet your goals.
This degree is offered by AU Santa Barbara.
The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies program at AUSB is a rigorous, well-rounded liberal arts education that prepares you to succeed in your career, graduate school, or community leadership. With an innovative approach based upon experiential learning and engaged citizenship, our BA program is designed to broaden your understanding of self, society, and contemporary issues, prompting you to apply your skills and knowledge to make a meaningful difference in the world.
Complete your Bachelor of Arts degree in one of AUSB’s meaningful concentrations:
The average time to complete this degree is 1-2 years, depending on number of credits transferred into AUSB.
Students need 180‐200 quarter units to graduate from Antioch University Santa Barbara’s Bachelor of Arts Program. Students must complete a minimum of 120 quarter units in general studies (60‐66%) taking courses across several disciplines. Within these 120 units, students must complete the Breadth/General Education (GE) Requirement and the Core Courses.
Seven BA Required Core Courses that all students must take at AUSB:
- Educational Foundations
- Academic Writing
- Service Learning in the Community
- Global & Intercultural Awareness
- Research Methods & Statistics
- Capstone Seminar
- minimum of 30 quarter units in the chosen area of Concentration
- maximum of 60 quarter units in the chosen area of Concentration
- at least 24 quarter units must be upper‐division taken at AUSB in the chosen area of Concentration
- BA in Liberal Studies, Applied Psychology
- BA in Liberal Studies, Business & Entrepreneurship
- BA in Liberal Studies, Child Development & Education
- BA in Liberal Studies, Communication & Media
- BA in Liberal Studies, Environmental Studies
- BA in Liberal Studies, Liberal Arts
- BA in Liberal Studies, Marketing
- BA in Liberal Studies, Professional & Creative Writing
There are no upcoming events at this time.