Associate Director of Admissions
Website Antioch University Seattle
To apply, please email materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Associate Director of Admissions
Location: Seattle campus
Open until filled.
The Associate Director of Admissions assists the Director of Admissions and Enrollment (DOA) with the overall successful operation, training and monitoring of the Admissions Office. Coordinates with academic departments to implement student enrollment strategies and manage resources in order to meet enrollment expectations.
The Associate Director of Admissions (ADA)ensures that the mission and values of Antioch University are clearly communicated to prospective students while demonstrating deep academic program knowledge. The ADA provides leadership and mentorship to the Admissions team, assists in the execution of the enrollment plan, and other managerial functions, as needed.
The ADA oversees the Admissions and Integrated Student Services areas. The ADA supervises the Admission Counselors and Student Services Coordinators.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions (DOA), the Associate Director of Admissions is responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and assisting in the enrollment of new students. This individual will have accountability for recruiting prospective students and includes developing relationships with faculty, accessing and maintaining the prospective student database, and responding to inquiries.
- Meet or exceed all enrollment goals that have been set by the DOA.
- Supervise the work of the Admission Counselors and Student Services Coordinators
- Effectively and accurately communicate school policies, processes, and procedures relating to the various student support services including financial aid, student life, etc.
- Establish and maintain communications with local area schools and outside organizations to develop lead sources for potential students.
- Participate in college fairs and educational seminars to provide the public with information regarding Antioch University’s programs.
- Make outbound contact (by telephone or email) with prospective students on a daily basis to encourage campus visits, apply for admission, seek referrals, and nurture prospects.
- Conduct interviews with potential students.
- Provide information to prospective students concerning the program of study, policies of the University, and general expectations for satisfactory performance.
- Conduct campus tours.
- Supervise all applications and student enrollment in the student database systems.
- Assist prospective students through the admissions process.
- Assist with the preparation of complete admissions records and student files.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Prior higher education admissions experience is necessary, with preference given to individuals who have experience recruiting adult learners for undergraduate and professional school programs
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team and to work independently of direct daily management
- Understanding of admissions and enrollment process
- Strong sales management experience
- Strong presentation ability
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit; stand use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours of Employment:
This is a full-time position. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. Availability outside of normal hours will be required during peak periods. Some travel may be required.
While this position reports to the University system, this position will be located on the Antioch University Seattle campus.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To be considered for this position, please complete and submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Names, addresses (including email addresses) and telephone numbers of three references. References will not be contacted without prior approval of the candidate.
Applications review will start immediately.