Program Associate, School of Education
Open: December 13, 2018
Closes: January 14, 2019
Location: Antioch University Seattle
Classification: Full-time Administrative, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Associate Provost for Student Support and Administrative Services
Provide administrative coordination and support to the Director, faculty, staff, and students of the School of Education (including the Master of Arts in Education, Master of Arts in Teaching, Alternative Route to Teacher Certification, Library Media, Urban Environmental Education, and English Language Learner Endorsement programs). Provide direct support to core, affiliate, and adjunct faculty. Ensure the quality, effectiveness and integrity of relevant administrative processes for the School of Education in support of the goals of the University.
- Provide administrative support for the Director, including managing and tracking quarterly and annual departmental budgets, grants, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Serve as the school liaison and provide administrative support for affiliate and adjunct faculty, including hiring, scheduling, tracking workloads, arranging quarterly payroll, and maintaining faculty files.
- Coordinate and update the quarterly and annual course schedules for all School of Education programs, including updates to the annual university catalog.
- Manage event planning for new student orientations, information sessions, program and faculty meetings, commencement, internship seminars, special events, and other student, faculty, or staff related events. This includes drafting agendas, scheduling room assignments, providing supplies and food, and communicating with other administrative offices on campus.
- Serve as liaison between the School of Education and the Admissions department to track prospective and new student processes. Support new students as they are accepted to the University, including assigning advisors, and assisting them in registering for courses. Manage the School of Education Sakai (virtual classroom/LMS) sites by updating participants, uploading announcements, sharing job opportunities, and ensuring that course sites are functioning properly. Ensure that syllabi are uploaded in a timely manner.
- Provide support and training for faculty and students, including Gmail and other Google apps, AU View, and the website tools. Act as a liaison between the School of Education and the IT department and central office in Ohio.
- Participate in the hiring, supervision and coordination of schedules for work-study students in the department.
- Work closely with directors and staff in Human Resources, Finance, Student Accounts, Admissions, Marketing, Financial Aid, and leadership teams on departmental and campus-wide initiatives.
- Provide office management by reserving meeting rooms, taking minutes, ordering equipment and supplies, maintain several Google calendars for faculty and staff. Reconcile department credit card purchases, invoices, payments to vendors, guest speakers, student teaching mentors and other entities.
- Coordinate with marketing to maintain the department’s website pages, specifically the admission pages, faculty pages, program information pages, and other relevant links, in addition to School of Education print materials.
- Provide administrative support for submissions relating to accreditation, site visits, annual reviews and HLC reports. Assist in tracking and managing data that must be collected as evidence for submissions.
- Maintain all departmental files on the server and departmental Google Team Drive, organize them for ease of use by faculty and staff. Update handbooks on a quarterly and/or annual basis.
- Various projects as assigned. Delegate projects to work-studies when appropriate.
- General office duties such as filing, copying, scanning, and answering phones and emails.
- B.A. degree
- 3-5 years of administrative experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with financial tracking and reporting
- Experience preparing spreadsheets and utilizing databases
- Strong organizational, administrative, and prioritization skills
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with MS Mac programs, and Google Drive applications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong mathematical and financial skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentially and adherence to FERPA regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse, participatory environment
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and manage projects without direct supervision
- Willingness to assist and find creative solutions
To be considered for this position, please complete and submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Names, addresses (including email addresses) and telephone numbers of three references. References will not be contacted without prior approval of the candidate.
For accommodations to complete the application process, and/or if selected for an interview, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications review will start immediately. Open until filled.
Antioch University Seattle is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, and veteran status.