Boost Your Career: Become an Effective Leader and Team Builder
The catalyst for long-term success in any organization is leadership, and the ability to create and cultivate high-performance teams. As important as functional business skills are — finance, operations, marketing, human resources — long-term trends indicate a very strong need for “people” skills. Numerous articles in publications from INC. and Fast Company to the Harvard Business Review highlight the need for (and the gap in) leadership, team building, and people skills.
Employers across numerous industries, and in businesses and nonprofits large and small are placing increased emphasis on leadership and team development. In entrepreneurial settings, it is a highly coveted skill set.
Antioch University is a pioneer in learner-centered education reflecting the importance of social, economic, and environmental sustainability: often referred to as the “triple bottom line.” Make. Difference in the world. Advance your knowledge of leadership and team development to become an effective and innovative leader, decision-maker, and strategist in forward-thinking businesses and nonprofit organizations.
Advance your career with a 100% online, graduate-level Management certificate in just 16 weeks!
This degree is offered by AU New England.
The Management Certificate in Leadership and Teams is designed for individuals who wish to advance their careers by developing strategic and tactical expertise in managing and leading people, and high-performance teams.
Earning this Certificate is an effective way to develop a solid understanding of leadership thinking and application, developing and strengthening people in organizational settings, and building and fostering dynamic, effective, teams.
Students will learn and apply:
- Conceptual frameworks and strategic and behavioral skills for leadership and ethical decision-making, including an awareness of self as leader and developing one’s own leadership style.
- An understanding of strategies and approaches to navigating change, and managing and developing people in an organizational setting.
- Proficiency in creating, cultivating, and guiding high-performance teams in increasingly diverse, fast-paced, and collaborative environments.
- The Leadership and Teams Certificate is offered 100% online
- The Certificate consists of three 3-credit courses
- To earn a certificate, students must successfully complete all three required courses, earning a total of 9-credits, during one 16-week semester
- Each course is 100% online
- Students earn graduate-level credit
- Developing People and Performance (3-credits)
- Leadership, Ethics and Change (3-credits)
- Leading Teams (3-credits)
How to Apply
Please check back for application information
We are currently seeking approval for this certificate to be eligible for federal student loans; please check with Financial Aid for updates.