Boost Your Career: Become an Effective Leader and Team Builder
The catalyst for long-term success in any organization is leadership, and the ability to create and cultivate high-performance teams. As important as functional business skills are — finance, operations, marketing, human resources — long-term trends indicate a very strong need for “people” skills. Numerous articles in publications from INC. and Fast Company to the Harvard Business Review highlight the need for (and the gap in) leadership, team building, and people skills.
Employers across numerous industries, and in businesses and nonprofits large and small are placing increased emphasis on leadership and team development. In entrepreneurial settings, it is a highly coveted skill set.
Antioch University is a pioneer in learner-centered education reflecting the importance of social, economic, and environmental sustainability: often referred to as the “triple bottom line.” Make. Difference in the world. Advance your knowledge of leadership and team development to become an effective and innovative leader, decision-maker, and strategist in forward-thinking businesses and nonprofit organizations.
Advance your career with a 100% online, graduate-level Management certificate in just 16 weeks!
This degree is offered by AU New England.
The Management Certificate in Leadership and Teams is designed for individuals who wish to advance their careers by developing strategic and tactical expertise in managing and leading people, and high-performance teams.
Earning this Certificate is an effective way to develop a solid understanding of leadership thinking and application, developing and strengthening people in organizational settings, and building and fostering dynamic, effective, teams.
Students will learn and apply:
- Conceptual frameworks and strategic and behavioral skills for leadership and ethical decision-making, including an awareness of self as leader and developing one’s own leadership style.
- An understanding of strategies and approaches to navigating change, and managing and developing people in an organizational setting.
- Proficiency in creating, cultivating, and guiding high-performance teams in increasingly diverse, fast-paced, and collaborative environments.
- The Leadership and Teams Certificate is offered 100% online
- The Certificate consists of three 3-credit courses
- To earn a certificate, students must successfully complete all three required courses, earning a total of 9-credits, during one 16-week semester
- Each course is 100% online
- Students earn graduate-level credit
- Developing People and Performance (3-credits)
- Leadership, Ethics and Change (3-credits)
- Leading Teams (3-credits)
How to Apply
These new certificates will start in Fall 2018. Contact Jennifer Fritz, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or by phone at 603-283-2127.
To apply for a Management Certificate, you must already have earned your Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university.
The application will include:
1. An online admissions application, which will also contain:
- Essay question
2. Submission of official transcripts from the college or university where you earned your Associate’s degree.
Certificate Programs do not require the GRE or any other standardized test for admissions. We consider all of your application materials, and evaluate your academic potential in a variety of ways. There are additional requirements for International applicants.
Official transcripts should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Antioch University New England
40 Avon Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03431-3516
All application materials submitted become part of an applicant’s file and cannot be returned.
Application Deadline – FALL 2018
Application Deadline – SPRING 2019
October 31 (Early Application Review)
December 15 (All Others)
We are currently seeking approval for this certificate to be eligible for federal student loans; please check with Financial Aid for updates.
There are no upcoming events at this time.